"7 THINGS AUTO-BODY SHOPS WON'T TELL YOU"
By Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine
Be aware that you have the ultimate choice. Don’t be influenced by insurance companies or other shops. You have a choice when it comes to collision repairs to your vehicle. Airport Auto Body is equipped with the proper tools, equipment and training. When you choose Airport Auto Body, you can be confident that your vehicle will continue to look and perform like it was designed to do. We strive to accomplish repairs to its “pre-accident” condition.
DON’T BE INTIMIDATED OR COERCED BY YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY
You have the right to have your automobile repaired in the registered shop of your choice. Your insurance company cannot direct you otherwise. You are not required to have your automobile repaired or appraised in a shop recommended by your insurance company. You are not required to get one or more estimates. You are not required to take your car to an insurance company's drive-in claim center. Your insurance company must negotiate in good faith. You are entitled to a prompt, fair settlement to repair your car to its “pre-accident” condition.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO AFTER YOU GET INTO AN ACCIDENT?First, stop at once and report the accident to the nearest police station. You should then receive an accident report. Be sure to get the following information:
- Name of the person driving the other vehicle involved.
- The other party’s phone number and driver’s license.
- Vehicle license information.
- Insurance information.
- Also try to obtain any witnesses names and numbers.
- Note the location, time and date of the accident. And, if you have a camera, take pictures.
- If you have a problem receiving this information from the other person involved, you should notify your insurance company/agent immediately. The authorities should also be aware of this.